6th Grade Science Teacher
6th Grade Science Teacher
The 6th Grade Science Teacher, under the direction of the administrator, and in collaboration with grade level and other science teachers will create an effective classroom environment that is favorable to learning and personal growth; plan and make instructional decisions based on student needs and learning outcomes; provide experiential, collaborative, and hands-on learning opportunities that are challenging and engaging for every student; motivate students to become lifelong learners; establish an effective rapport with students by teaching mutual respect, along with social and personal responsibility; promote the communication and life skills needed to be successful leaders in our global community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- teaching STEM skills
- understanding, teaching and enriching the NCSCOS.
- developing effective lesson plans and instructional materials.
- providing personalized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- using a variety of creative instructional strategies, such as inquiry, science labs, small group discussion, work stations, flipped classroom, project based, problem based, etc…
- establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior necessary in achieving an effective learning atmosphere.
- using both formative and summative assessment strategies to evaluate students’ academic growth.
- keeping appropriate/accurate records and preparing progress reports.
- communicating with parents through conferences and other means in order to discuss students’ progress.
- continually seeking opportunities to grow professionally through in-service education opportunities.
- performing other duties as assigned by the administrator.
Basic Qualifications Required:
- Valid teaching credentials or degree in subject area
- Experience teaching middle or high school science preferred
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of science curriculum
- Knowledge of assessment strategies
- Strong knowledge of research/evidence based science instructional practices and programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
Magellan applications for employment are located on our website: CLICK HERE
The Magellan Charter School does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, or handicap in any of its educational or employment programs or activities. We are an “equal opportunity employer.”