A Typical Third Grader
Where They Are
The average eight-year-old is explosive, excitable, dramatic, and inquisitive. She:
Where They're Going
- Possesses a "know-it-all" attitude.
- Is able to assume some responsibility for her actions.
- Actively seeks praise.
- May undertake more than she can handle successfully.
- Is self-critical.
- Recognizes the needs of others.
At eight years old, your child is learning how to set goals and understand the consequences of his behavior. You can help by encouraging him as he:
Source: American School Counselor Association
- Explores the relationships of feelings, goals, and behavior.
- Learns about choices and consequences.
- Begins setting goals.
- Becomes more responsible.
- Learns how to work with others.
Classroom Guidance Topics:
- Introduction to Student Services/Transitioning Successfully to The Magellan Charter School
- Respecting Our Differences